The Gainesville Property Owner Incentive Fund may reimburse owners for eligible damages beyond normal wear and tear, after a tenant has moved out.
- Claims cover expenses beyond a security deposit or other tenant payment, already applied.
- Claim must be filed within 30 days from taking back possession of the unit from the tenant.
- GHA will ask the property owner to schedule an inspection to confirm cost estimates, and again to confirm completed repairs.
- The maximum claim is $2,000.
- Approval and payment of any claim (in part or in full) shall be at the sole discretion of GHA.
All information provided must be true, correct, and complete to the best of the property owner’s knowledge and recollection. Damage claims must be accompanied by supporting documentation including:
- Accounting statement reflecting tenant-owed expenses (i.e. ledger)
- Receipts or invoices, including photos of the damage, if requesting reimbursement for repairs already made.
- If repairs are done in-house by staff, include documentation of time spent and hourly rate.
- Documentation of used security deposit.
GHA will follow up for additional documentation, if needed.
Complete the form and return with supporting documents.