The affordable housing (public housing) wait list will open on Tuesday, September 8
The Gainesville Housing Authority (GHA) will be opening its affordable housing (public housing) wait list for two (2), three (3), four (4) and five (5) bedroom unit sizes on Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. GHA will leave the waitlist for two (2) and three (3) bedroom units open through Friday, September 11, 2020. GHA will leave the wait list for four (4) and five bedroom units open through Friday, December 18, 2020.
This application is not for the Housing Choice Voucher Program or The Grove at Sweetwater Preserve. This application is for residency with income-based rent at any of the following GHA properties:
Caroline Manor SE, 25th Terrace, Gainesville, FL 32641
Eastwood Meadows, 925 SE 43rd St., Gainesville, FL 32641
Forest Pines, NE 25th St., Gainesville, FL 32641
Lake Terrace, SE 26th Terrace., Gainesville, FL 32641
Pine Meadows, 2626 E University Ave., Gainesville, FL 32641
Woodland Park, 1900 SE 4 St., Gainesville, FL 32641
You can find more information about our properties here: gainesvillehousingauthority.org/public-housing/.
See the GHA’s policy below to determine which bedroom size you may qualify for.
- The GHA will assign one bedroom for each two persons within the household, except in the following circumstances:
- Persons of the opposite sex (other than spouses, and children under age 5) will not be required to share a bedroom.
- Persons of different generations will not be required to share a bedroom.
- Live-in aides will be allocated a separate bedroom. No additional bedrooms will be provided for the live-in aide’s family.
- Single person families will be allocated a zero or one bedroom.
- Foster children will be included in determining unit size.
For more information regarding the application process, see our FAQ page.