Outside Employment Opportunities
Here is where you’ll find a list of outside employment opportunities, job listings, job fairs and local offerings.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_tta_tabs][vc_tta_section title=”ACHA” tab_id=”1490801433218-44b1853b-e70a”][vc_column_text]Housing Choice Voucher Administrative Assistant
Alachua County Housing Authority
Apply to: 703 NE 1st st. Deadline: April 26th
General Statement of Duties
Under the supervision of the Director of Voucher Programs, the Housing Choice Voucher Administrative Assistant is responsible for relieving the department of administrative type functions and may handle a wide variety of responsibilities including assisting with the administration of all Housing Choice Voucher waiting lists, interviewing applicants, assisting with conducting re-examinations and recertification of tenants, data entry, etc. The Housing Choice Voucher Administrative Assistant will establish and maintain a positive working relationship with tenants, co-workers, the general public, and representatives of community service agencies.
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Previous administrative, secretarial or customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Computer Skills-Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Use of standardized office equipment such as typewriter, personal computer, copier, fax machine, and adding machine.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, technical and interpersonal skills, and integrity and ethics.
- Must be able to multitask effectively
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures, business English and basic arithmetic.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems and ability to use personal computer.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all applicants and tenant records.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, plan work and problem-solve effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use office equipment such a calculator, copier, telephone, and fax machine.
- Ability to write reports, complete forms, compose letters and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing in a positive, professional and effective manner while adhering to the ACHA Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to communicate and relate to persons of diverse backgrounds and abilities and establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, residents and persons outside the Authority.
- Ability to pass a workplace drug screening, criminal background screening, and license check.
- Valid Florida driver’s license and a good driving record (must maintain a good driving record and be insurable under Authority auto insurance as a condition of employment).
- Greets applicants and participants in professional and courteous manner.
- Assists with the administration and maintenance of all HCV waiting lists of prospective residents according to HUD policy and the Administrative Plan.
- Assists with responding to applicants or other interested parties regarding general program information, waiting list information, and other similar inquiries.
- Assists applicants and participants with filling out various forms relating to housing and other services.
- Interviews applicants for housing and other services.
- Receives applications for the waiting list and performs accurate data entry of applicant information and preferences into waiting list database.
- Assists with setting up and maintaining accurate and complete applicant files with all related program documents, 50058 reports, identification documents, EIV documentation, fully executed Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) contracts, HAP and utility reimbursement payments.
- Assists with conducting orientation for new tenants.
- Assists with scheduling and conducting interviews with applicants and port-in families.
- Assists with scheduling and conducting annual re-certification interviews of residents in a timely manner to ensure that notices of rent increases are provided at least 30 days before the anniversary date.
- Process all Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) data and attend regular monthly HMIS meetings
- Processes daily departmental outgoing mail, sends faxes and routes incoming faxes to appropriate staff.
- Composes, types, and proofreads letters and mailings as assigned by the Director of Voucher Programs.
- Assists with the maintenance of physical appearance of public spaces, i.e. lobby, staff kitchen, conference room, bathrooms, etc.
- Works cooperatively with other members of the Authority, adjusting workload as necessary when requested by the Director of Voucher Programs or Executive Director.
- Maintains vehicle mileage log and all gas receipts when using agency vehicle and submits to Finance Director.
- Assists with special projects or activities.
- Conduct informal hearing for the Public Housing Department
- File maintenance
There are no supervision responsibilities to other ACHA staff.
The Employee Performance explicitly relates performance evaluation to the employee’s job description and to measures—both qualitative and quantitative. All three elements—job description, performance measures, and performance evaluation—are closely connected. The performance appraisal measures selected competencies/essential functions in the job performance of the employee in the past review period and creates a plan for achieving goals.
NOTE: This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of the position.
To download full job description, please click here[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Comfort Keepers” tab_id=”1490801433282-69435ecd-8292″][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Hot Jobs” tab_id=”1490801442881-c3a4ebcf-e84a”][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_tabs][/vc_column][/vc_row]