Save Your ID Number
Pre-applications may be completed anywhere internet access is available. Pre-applications may be submitted at any time the lottery waiting list is open. Applicants will receive a confirmation NUMBER after successfully submitting their application.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You should write down the confirmation number, print the confirmation screen, or take a picture of the screen with your cell phone.
This confirmation number may be used to track your pre-application and check on your status after the waiting list has closed.
When Will I Receive My Voucher?
When a family reaches the top of the HCV waiting list, a full application must be completed. GHA conducts a formal interview and requests verification of family information required by HUD and GHA. After the application process is complete and all information is verified, the family’s final eligibility for issuance of a voucher is determined.
A family that is issued a voucher has the choice and responsibility of finding their own suitable housing where the owner agrees to rent under the Housing Choice Voucher Program. All rentals must meet the HUD established Housing Quality Standards and the rent must be equivalent to comparable market units. Program participants may choose to rent an apartment, townhome, or single family home in a neighborhood of their choice within GHA’s jurisdiction.
The following are the eligibility requirements for the Housing Choice Voucher Program:
- An applicant must qualify as an individual or family as defined by U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Head of household must be at least 18 years of age at the time of this pre-application, or an emancipated minor by a court of competent jurisdiction, consistent with Florida law.
- At the time of admission, the family must have annual income that does not exceed the established income limits according to the maximum income by family size established by HUD.
- Applicant and all adult members of the family must pass a criminal background check at time of admission.
- Applicant or any member of the family that has ever been convicted of manufacturing or producing methamphetamine on the premises of any federally-assisted housing or any family household member that is subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program will not be eligible for housing assistance.
- Applicant and all members of the family must meet HUD requirements on citizenship or immigration status.
- Applicant or any member of the family who currently owes rent or other amounts to GHA or any other housing authority will not be offered assistance until the outstanding balance is paid in full.