Your health and safety are important to Gainesville Housing Authority. In times of crisis, natural disaster, or other emergencies, use the following resources to be vigilant and prepared.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Effective Monday March 23, 2020, GHA is closed to the public. Please call for assistance during regular business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at (352) 872-5500.
From March 17 to April 17, 2020, the maintenance team will only respond to Emergency Work Orders.
The following items are considered of an emergency nature and will be completed or abated by Gainesville Housing Authority within 24 hours of notification to the maintenance staff or on-call answering service.
- Natural gas leak or fumes;
- Electrical problem which could result in shock or fire;
- Structural damage to the building that may pose a threat to life, health, or safety;
- Major plumbing leaks, sewage backup, or fresh water floor or no water to unit;
- No electricity or power to unit (excludes outage caused by non-payment to GRU);
- Lack of functioning toilet (if only one toilet in unit);
- Lack of security for the unit (unable to lock doors or windows; a loose lock is not an emergency);
- Waterlogged ceiling;
- Smoke detectors missing or not working;
- Broken glass where someone could be injured inside or outside of the unit or building (windows/doors);
- Obstacle which prevents tenant’s entrance or exit from the unit or building (windows/doors) or lockouts, lost or stolen keys;
- Refrigerator not working;
- Range not working (surface and oven);
- No heat if outdoors air temperature is below 45 °F;
- Air conditioner not working if it is GHA-owned equipment and where there is a medical necessity which has been previously substantiated by a written statement from a doctor or other qualified medical source; or the A/C unit is leaking on the interior of the unit/building, causing a potential for slipping hazard or property damage. The outdoors air temperature must be above 75 °F;
- Any condition that poses an immediate threat to life, health, safety, or property, or related to fire safety.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
By clicking the links below, you will be redirected to a website not owned or maintained by Gainesville Housing Authority (GHA). GHA is not responsible for the content on external websites.